Are you getting your home constructed or renovated? Are there places at heights that are difficult to reach without any support? If yes, then what your home needs are a scaffold. This can help the laborers to reach places that are inaccessible otherwise. Moreover, better accessibility can help in getting the work finished faster and with higher productivity and efficiency. There is nothing that can beat a scaffold when it comes to elevating your workers to a certain level. Even if you are a construction work contractor, still the scaffolding hire can be bliss for you. Try a scaffold soon to experience its benefits.
What is a Scaffold Hire?
The scaffold is a very vital part of the set of construction equipment. It is basically used in construction work and is a temporary platform that is used for elevation and support for workers. The process of repair, construction and cleaning of any structure needs this tool. The scaffold is very crude and simplistic in structure. The thing consists of one or many planks that are of convenient length and size, placed on a variety of support. The support system depends on the usage and form. Therefore, a scaffolding hire can give elevation and support wherever required.
Benefits of Scaffold Hire
The advantages of scaffold hire are numerous. Let’s have a look at them.
- The scaffold is a quick and easy means to get the elevation for workers to help them get accessibility to far-reaching places. This helps them to apply cement, plaster and even paint to otherwise inaccessible places.
- The scaffold can sustain pressure and weight up to good limits. Moreover, the durability of the good scaffold can help you work with the single one for a long time. This is where the scaffold can also help you save money.
- The scaffold is quite easy to handle and carry. Since the construction of the scaffold is quite minimalistic and light-weight, the transportation of scaffold is really not a big deal during construction work and is therefore liked by the laborers too. This makes scaffold hire a lucrative option.
Types of Scaffolding
Before you consider the option of scaffold hire, it is in your best interest to know the various types of scaffolding that exist. Let’s take a quick look at them.
- Timber Scaffold: The timber scaffolding, the planks are supported on a wooden frame, which has vertical posts and horizontal planks, called ledgers. The ledgers support the transversal members and then the longitudinal and transverse cross bracing help in developing sturdiness. The planks are rested over the transverse members. This is the most basic form of the scaffold and is very common in the construction sites, where the budget is quite low and the work involves extensive use of the scaffold. You can see that the sturdiness will be just moderate.
- Trestle Scaffold: This type of scaffolding has trestle support and is commonly used over large areas. There is no need of any height adjustment and the use is mostly in case of ceiling plastering or application of Plaster of Paris designs for false ceiling. They provide a height of 7 feet to 18 feet and can be simple wooden or even elaborately designed.
- Tubular Scaffold: These ones are made of aluminum or steel and are a replacement for the wooden ones. The weight of these ones is quite light and can be moved easily from one location to another. They can be erected in any length, height or shape and can even be mounted over casters for mobile staging.
The scaffold hire can be the best decision taken for your construction purpose and it, therefore, requires a proper investment of time and money.